Friday 20 March 2009

A not so happy update.

As you have seen I have been silent for a while, there has been a lot on my plate and I was trying to handle it but it has become very hard as I seem to also be carrying a lot of people with the same stress and I am about to break.
On March 5 Dad (not my natural father but I call him Dad) was diagnosed with LEMS (Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome) and also lung cancer, from there we knew it was going to be hard times ahead but we seen the future bright. March 13th (happened to be a Friday also) we found out that he also had 2 tumours in the brain. I like to keep positive but the reality is that Dad will only be here for a few more months.
He is coming home from hospital today from a three day chemo treatment and we are all crossing our fingers the chemo will help some.
The last weeks have been a stress, I can not even put it into words and this weekend I have to try to explain to my 9 year old what is happening to her grandfather (Opa), it was only November when her Great Grand mother passed over and for the last year my best friend has been fighting breast cancer, I do not know how she is going to react, I still do not know what to tell her, she can see Opa is sick from the LEMS because he is unable to do as much as he use to but to tell her that he has cancer is not easy, I even think I do not tell her that part, I really do not know, AARRGGG I just do not know!

1 comment:

Mark said...

It seems wicked that life throws these awful episodes at you in one go. My mother used to say that God only puts the excessive burdens on those strong enough to take them!! Well, you certainly have more than your share at the moment, Veiled but your loved ones will draw great comfort from your strength, courage and humour while these dreadful events unfold.
I'm sure the lovely Veiled charisma will shine for them as it does in this blog, and for you the brighter days of shoe-shopping and toasting marshmallows with your daughter will return.....Mark xx