Friday 8 May 2009

It is dry and crunchy

So did the heading get your twisted minds to read the blog further? That is a comment I got today, "It is dry and crunchy."
Now let me clear a few things up first. As the regular readers know I work with men, I work in a "man's world" and the truth be known it really pisses the males off that they have to answer to me. Out of the ump-teen offices I work out of there is only a handful of females in the building and they are just there to answer the phone, when I say I work in a man's world I really mean it.
So here is a short list of things that I hear on a regular basis that relate to what happened today.

* click, click, click, there goes Veiled in them heels
* Do you always have to smell so good?
* Prim, proper and penis pirate (it is a saying where I live meaning I take their manhood away)

So I was walking into one of the offices today to pick someone up to go to a lunch meeting, they were not there so I left a note telling them to come and get me. It really pisses me off when people do not keep to appointments. So I was sitting behind my desk and some bottom feeder walked in and started running his mouth off.

bottom feeder comments as he walks into my office: " click, click, click, I heard you walking down the hall didn't anyone invent silent heels yet?"
Veiled: you know you love hearing me walk down the hall as I see you looking at my shoes all the time.
bf: Yeah that's maybe true but it is the smell that follows you that gets all them men looking.
V: Is that so? why does it my smell turns you on?
bottom feeder blushes: Well you are the only female hierarchy here and well, powerful females are, well you know?
V: No I don't tell me!
bottom feeder: You just smell good ok? even your office smells good!
*bottom feeder looks towards my desk and raises an eyebrow*
bottom feeder: So your waiting for bob huh? oh wow I have never seen candy that colour before, can I?

Before I could even answer him he has picked up a "candy" and shoved it in his mouth.

V: nice?
bottom feeder: Eeerrr not really it is dry and crunchy, it taste old. Should it taste like this?
V: I would not know I have never tried eating potpourri before.
bottom feeder starts spitting it out into his hand and starts mumbling as he leaves.

Later in the day there was a memo sent around by email warning people that my office smells nice because of the potpourri on my desk and it may look like strange candy but it is not and a little P.S down the bottom said "cover the manhood when entering" (maybe it was because I was in a unable to tolerate "no bullshit" mood today)
So a warning when walking into my office, it smells good and I do not tolerate crap from anyone.

No comments: