Tuesday 12 May 2009

The Meaning of the idiot desk

As I promised, I was going to tell you why I have named my new visitors desk the idiot desk. You all read what happened yesterday I hope, and like always I always have a reason why I do things and today it all happened how expected it to happen.

Many time a day people pull me up at work and complained that I have an eye for detail and am to observant, why do they complain about it? because it means more work for them, I am not a person to leave gaps in work, have it all worked out even look into the unexpected as you never know when it is going to happen. Never get caught off guard, in my line of work that will make a company crumble to the ground.

So today was the first full day of the idiot desk, I knew it would get used a lot today as it was a busy day, idiots coming in and out of the office all day. As they were ready to dump their arse at my desk I pointed to the idiot desk, it was only when they sat down they laughed at the "name" of the desk and questioned me.
"Veiled why is it called the idiot desk?"
"you will find out soon enough I am sure" I replied to them all.
Without fail every single person who sat at the idiot desk found out how it got it's name and I bet you want to know why also.

Remember at the start of this post I said how people always pick me up and complain about me always wanting details and being to "observant"? Today I made them feel what it is like to forget details and to not be observant. You recall I said I put a hanging plant above the desk also? That plant was a little to the side of the chair so if you were not being observant and not noticing details if you pushed your chair back only a little and stood up you would hit your head on it.
I had the desk on such an angle that people would shift the chair in such a way that BAM you hit your head on the plant.
So the idiots went something like this
"Ha ha funny name for a desk, how did it get it's name?"
Veiled "You will find out soon enough"
idiot goes to leave, stands up, I hear a clunk.
idiot " ouch, fuck, damn it"
I do not even raise my eyes to look at them I keep working and reply
"Idiot"
they leave mumbling.

I sent a memo around as I was leaving today and I quote

"The idiot desk has claimed it's 12 victim, to not me the 13th, only details and observation will save you"

No comments: