Saturday 15 December 2007

Lord help you

The male species never stops amazing me with their total stupidity, Ok there are a few exceptions to the rules.
I was dressed in a nice casual way, jeans a nice blouse and my stilettos (goes without saying) I went to pick up a lovely young lady of eight years old and she dragged me to a Christmas market of her local school. It is a small village and very religious, So religious that when I walk near any water there it starts boiling as I think they have only holy water running through the village.
Getting dragged by the child through all the crafts they had made I forked out money to buy most of the things she made and also things she wanted to buy, people looking down their nose at me, I think it is the stilettos they seem to me a sign of being a slut, sure it is written in the bible that way.
I watch the children play as I sipped on a glass of warm chocolate milk every now and then I had to smell under my arms to see if that was the reason people kept their distance, I had many looks, you know the look, the "I'm-not-looking-at-you-obvious-look" in such a small village everyone knows everyone and I was a new face and I promise you it will not be the last time they see me!
I stayed with child for at least an hour and was introduced to just about everyone she was so proud of me and happy I was there. Playing tag with the children in stilettos was a new experience but it was a lot of fun, then playing statues, oh the things I do for children, I just wait to have three or four of my own. When I was finished playing I informed the young lady we were going to leave in five minutes, all of a sudden it was like moths to light, the fathers went to the group of children, I thought it was so sweet that the fathers were going to play as well and not be like sticks in the mud huddling around the open fire because it was below zero I was totally wrong.
On leaving the young lady I was with looked at me and giggles I asked her what was so funny and she handed me a whole handful of papers " These are for you" I opened them and I could not believe my eyes, phone numbers and not just one, the young lady I was with said to me while looking at me with her deep innocent eyes, " Are you allowed to date and marry more then one person?" I informed her no and she continued to tell me that all the fathers that gave her the numbers live together with the mother of her friends, in other words married and under one roof.
In this small village this Sunday I think there is going to be a lot of hail Mary's said and I am wondering what to do with these numbers, it crossed my mind to go to the next market at the school and personally hand their phone numbers back I just "pray" their wives are not close by.
Ok I was flattered but to stop being a spineless species and do not involve a child, you want to break your marriage vowels you said "in front of the lord" do not involve an innocent child in the equation by giving the letters and phone Numbers to them.

No comments: